March 2nd is a great day because its Dr. Seuss's birthday! Today we thought it would be fun to do a little post all about one of the greatest children's authors of all time. Here are five facts you might not know about Dr. Seuss:
- His name is actually Theodor Seuss Geise but he used the pen name Dr. Seuss.
- His birthday, March 2, has been adopted as the annual date for National Read Across America Day, an initiative on reading created by the National Education Association.
- Not only did he write the stories he also did the illustrations.
- There are more than 60 titles published and over 600 million copies sold in 20 languages.
- His books have spawned numerous adaptations, including 11 television specials, four feature films, a Broadway musical, and four television series.
So today we are leaving you with a challenge, pull out all of your Dr. Seuss books or really any book that your little kids enjoy and take some time to READ!