With the craziness that Christmas brings we wanted to teach Lydia and Gus that Christmas is not all about receiving. We wanted them to think about Christmas as a time to love others! 25 Random Acts of Christmas Kindness seemed like the prefect way to accomplish this. I found this 25 day countdown holder at Michaels. In each date we added an act of service. With our busy holiday schedules and sick babies we haven't always done one a day but the nice thing is, it's easy to double up on other days. They may not be old enough to really remember helping others this year but we loved every second of it! Are you really ever to young to serve? This will definitely be a tradition that we will do every year!
Here are a few of our Random Acts of Christmas Kindness ideas:
- Tape Quarters to vending machines
- Return carts at Target, Walmart or Grocery Stores
- Donate diapers to the diaper bank
- Write thank you notes
- Leave dollars at the Dollar Store
- Make cookies for neighbors
- Visit an old friend
- Pay it forward at a drive thru
- Send an anonymous gift
- Donate canned goods to a food bank
- Visit someone you know is alone
- Leave Quarters at the laundry mat
- Tape candy canes to ATM's
- Tape popcorn to Redbox machines
- Shop for a new toy to donate to toys for tots
- Take a treat to Santa when you go get your picture with him
- Donate to your local homeless shelter
- Give water bottles to homeless
- Let someone cut in front of you in line
- Take cookies to retail workers on busy days
- Give your seat to an elderly or pregnant person
- Compliment someone
- Cook an extra portion and give it to someone who could use it
- Visit a care center
- Donate used clothing
- Leave an extra big tip
We grabbed a couple pictures of some of our favorites.
We chose one toy that we planned on giving these babes for Christmas and gave it to Toys For Tots. This was the perfect age for that, no tears or tantrums. You could also take your little one shopping with the intent to buy a toy to donate.
We took diapers to our local diaper bank. Every baby deserves a dry bum!
We returned carts at Winco. This was so fun! It's always fun to see the look on others faces as you offer to return their cart, some were very confused and others were so thankful.
We hope this holiday season is bringing you lots of joy and love, no matter how old you are. Thanks for following along with us and our book adventures! Merry Christmas!